Nov 26, 2021
Two cover versions on todays show.
The Ridiculous Trio drag The Stooges' "No Fun" back through time
and plant it firmly in the middle of a 1950's U.S. strip club.
Maybe that's the life it was always meant to have, the opening
track on a Las Vegas
The second cover poses a philosophical question. Can a person be
said to be covering a song when that same person both co-wrote and
performed on the original? Answers to Jah Wobble, who has reworked
the 1978 single "Public Image".
More of his PIL makeovers are available on
Speaking of revisiting the past, today's playlist also contains
The Umbrellas with a song that could easily have seen them
headlining Indie Club back in 1997, even though the tune itself was
released in August of this year.
And on with the show...
Notebooks out completists, here's the playlist in full...
- RICO NASTY - Money (featuring Flo Milli)
- cktrl - safe
- MIRIAM MAKEBA - Pata Pata
- JOCKSTRAP - 50/50
- DAMON ALBARN - Royal Morning Blue (Live Performance)
- STRAWBERRY GUY - Sun Outside My Window
- THE RIDICULOUS TRIO - No Fun
- THE UMBRELLAS - Autumn
- KIDENE FIGHTER - Ugai Gai
- PARIS TEXAS - Girls Like Drugs
- CONFIDENCE MAN - Holiday
- COLA - Blank Curtain
- BXKS - 321 (featuring Oscar #Worldpeace)
- STRAWBERRY STATION - Stay With Me
- JJJJJEROME ELLIS - Loops Of Retreat (Single Edit)
- M.I.A. - Babylon
- TADI - Seven Diamond Lines (featuring DJKR)
- PYROPHORIA - Fuckery
- WALLICE - Wisdom Tooth
- DMA'S - Viol
- JAH WOBBLE - Public Image
- SPICE - A Better Treatment
- MONOFLYY - BAZOOKA
- THE BUG - Stoat (featuring Jason Williamson)
- E L L E - time 2 die
- SIR ROBERT ORANGE PEEL - Miss Diane *
- A$AP ROCKY - Sandman
- MORGEN - Of Dreams
- RATIGAN ERA - Gan Dem
- WENDY & BONNIE - By The Sea
- CLAMS CASINO - Water Theme 2
- MARK 4ORD - Oaths (featuring Trizz)
- NEGGY GEMMY - California
- HILDEGARD VON BINGE DRINKING - Diät
- LET'S EAT GRANDMA - Two Ribbons
* The inspiration for this week's lyrical heading.